Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What Voice Are You Listening To?

Regardless how bad we think we have it, how awful and uncontrollable our circumstances may seem, regardless of how distraught we feel inside, there is always an answer.

I've often heard the saying "No matter how bad you have it, someone out there has it worse". More importantly we need to remember the God we serve who has it all under control, and a precious path for each and every one of us that is individually specific for you, and you alone.

For every low we speak, God has a response whispering back through His word. Grasp what He has to share for you, and realize there is NO situation out of HIS control! Open your ears to His voice, and not your own...

When you say "It's impossible", God says that all things are possible!
(Luke 18:27)

When you say "I'm too tired", God says the He will give you rest!
(Matthew 11:28-30)

When you say "Nobody really loves me", God says He loves you!
(John 3:16 and John 3:34)

When you say "I just can't go on", God says that His grace is sufficient!
(2 Corinthians 12:9 and Psalm 91:15)

When you say "I can't figure anything out", God says that He will direct your path!
(Proverbs 3:5-6)

When you say "I can't do it", God says you can do all things!
(Phillipians 4:13)

When you say "I'm not able", God says that He is able!
(2 Corinthians 9:8)

When you say "It's just not worth it", God says it will be worth it!
(Romans 8:28)

When you say "I can't forgive myself", God says that He forgives you!
(1 John 1:9 and Romans 8:1)

When you say "I can't seem to manage", God says He will supply all your needs!
(Phillipians 4:19)

When you say "I'm afraid", God says that He has not given you the spirit of fear!
(2 Timothy 1:7)

When you say "I'm always worried and frustrated", God says to cast all your cares on Him!
(1 Peter 5:7)

When you say "I'm not smart enough", God says that He will give you wisdom!
(1 Corinthians 1:30)

When you say "I feel all alone", God says He will never leave you or forsake you!
(Hebrews 13:5)

Keep your mind focused on God's word, not the words of others, or even self. You and all those around you will fail, stumble, and let others down... but HE will not. We serve a mighty God who will not fail us, stumble in His promises, or let us down despite how we and the world around us may view our circumstance.

So which voice will you listen to... Yours?... Theirs?... or His?