Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Make A JOYFUL Noise!

At times I've wished I could sing.

Many times the shower is the only place I'll sing... that and when I'm alone in the car and can belt the songs out as loud as I'd like without someone wishing I had a mute button attached to my mouth. I'm not a croaking frog I suppose, but some of the songs I hear I would love to be able to sing as beautifully as they sound coming from the radio or cd I'm listening to.

Mind you, this isn't a "wish" that I lose sleep over by any means... I know singing is not my calling, and I'm completely okay with that. But isn't it wonderful that scripture doesn't say "make a beautiful noise unto the Lord"? Quite the contrary it says, "Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise" (Psalm 98:4).

I CAN DO THAT!!

Our rejoicing, praises, and singing are pleasing to the Lord... regardless of how WE think they sound! You see, our praise is the real music. If His thoughts are not our thoughts (Isaiah 55:8), then it's very likely what He hears is not what our ears hear. And frankly... I think that's absolutely awesome. He hears it the way my heart is delivering it to Him, not my vocal chords.

We've each been blessed with a talent/calling/purpose all our own that we are to use for God's glory. For some it's singing... that's not my talent, but it's still something I can do to praise Him through the storm, thank Him for my moment, and rejoice over His goodness.

So if you're like me, and you weren't blessed with wind pipes that the world wants to attach a record label to... don't let that hold you back from your joyful noise unto the Lord! Turn up the volume and be encouraged, knowing that to Him, it's music to His ears!