Monday, June 6, 2011

Monday Measure

How often have you seen or (more likely) used the coined acronym TGIF? I understand after a long week of work or busy agendas that the weekend is one many look forward to... perhaps covet is more like it. Why does the week itself have to be seen as such a bad thing? Perhaps the only reason Friday looks so joyous to so many is because the rest of the week is approached the wrong way!

Because of this, I've decided to create for myself a Monday Measure to set a precedent for my week. Measure is defined as a portion, standard, rule, or a scope. Only we can set the standard for how our week is  going to be. The day showing on the calendar shouldn't determine for us how that day, or the days to come, are going to lay out for us. Perhaps Friday looks so promising because we set ourselves up for failure as soon as we roll out of bed Monday morning... but that can be adjusted! Let's TGIM (Thank God It's Monday) for a change!

Anyone else that wants to give this a shot is more than welcome, but I've decided to use this as an accountability source between me and God. What better way than to use His own word to lay a foundation for myself and the week to come.

My "Monday Measure" for this week is:

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped:
therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
(Psalm 28:7)

This week, when the day seems to boggle me down, when struggles come my way, and when I feel discouraged or overwhelmed, I'll have this verse written on a note card to read aloud, reminding myself that He is there to carry me through the day when I trust in Him, helping me through every step... regardless of what day it may be!

What's YOUR Monday Measure?

1 comments:

Sue said...

I love the thought of this Jenn... very good perspective. Made me think of my Mom's favorite verse, "This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it"... even on Mondays!

Post a Comment