Monday, June 13, 2011

Monday Measure


My "Monday Measure" for this week is:

The LORD is good,
a strong hold in the day of trouble;
and he knoweth them that trust in him.

(Nahum 1:7)

This week I'm spending time on the road with my husband. I of course enjoy this because it's not very often my husband and I get time alone. As in any Christian's life, the devil seeks to destroy the goodness in our lives by throwing in stumbling blocks, obstacles, and trials. Last time I rode with Mike, we got one of those loops thrown at us through a phone call from our daughter's doctor. THIS time as I ride along with him, I'm going to enjoy it thoroughly without allowing the enemy to steal a moment of my joy.

This verse reminds me that HE KNOWS ME!! He's my stronghold in those twists and turns, and will ALWAYS see me through... and this week will be no different! His eyes are watching over our path and protecting our children while we're away from them. The verse sums it up in the first four words: the Lord is good!!

What's YOUR Monday Measure?

1 comments:

Sue said...

Have a wonderful & safe trip with Mike! Me... I'm home alone... again... but I hope to get up in the air with Dougie on one of his upcoming trips... with a little vacation mixed in there we hope!

God bless your time together and may the enemy be on his own little road trip FAR away from you! xo

Post a Comment