Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Paintings in the Sky

If one were to peek into my pictures folder on my computer, not only would you find that I'm completely OCD about how my photos are organized (seriously, you have NO idea), but you would see an abundance of random shots. I even have a folder named "Random" (which has its own abundance of sub-folders). Within that folder are bugs, flowers, scenic shots around our town, rainbows, photos of the sky, wild animals we've come across, and the list goes on. I think my favorite folder within is shots of the sky.

I can take a thousand photos of the sky, and not one is alike. Not only did our Creator number every hair on our head, make each individual unique in appearance, and fill nature with an endless list of creatures, but He also reveals a special artistic talent with brush strokes in the great expanse above us. His color palette differs in every sunrise, and with every sunset He has the ability to take our breath away if we pause long enough to appreciate the beauty He shares with us each and every day.

I catch myself sometimes driving down the road glancing up at the sky. I tend to do that alot, especially if I'm driving east... I watch and patiently wait... but in the meantime I'm fascinated with how the sky literally paints a picture for our viewing pleasure. Even on a bad gloomy weather day He's found a way to make it beautiful.

The lighting, the shapes and textures of the clouds, how a storm looks moving in and passing by, how perfect the blues combine and endlessly expand on a completely clear day, how the rays of the sun dance and play behind and through the clouds, the variety in horizon backdrops and how they change just driving down the street, and the way a combination of it all creates a combustion of colors.

We have amazing creations around us folks. So even if a day is dreary and going poorly for us... look up. Enjoy what the Lord provides for us, not just our needs, not just certain wants in our lives, but even scenery that can sooth the soul.

"Great and marvelous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways."
(Revelation 15:3)

4 comments:

Sue said...

Beautiful post and beautiful pictures Jenn! I think we have the same OCD issues with our pictures folders though - hee hee ;-) Love ya girl & SO glad you're back to blogging!! xo

Mary Ann said...

I can only wish my pictures were organized! I love your pictures above. Beautiful! Isn't amazing that God gave us such beauty to see every day! He is good!

Thanks for visiting my blog today. I just love yours... I am now a follower.

God bless! :)

Shanda said...

Yes, I love the sky; whether it is clear, cloudy, or a down pour.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.

~Kacy~ said...

Great pictures!! Hey, by the way, give me some tips on how to organize my photos. I just don't do well with that. Everything else, no problem!

Thanks!

Post a Comment