Saturday, July 16, 2011

Drinking From My Saucer

60 Day Photo Story ~ 12/60

The Photo Story continues...

DAY TWELVE: a picture of something I love

When I sat thinking this morning about what I would post for something I love, it was so hard to narrow down one image to share! My faith, my husband, my children, my family... the list went on, and it was awful trying to think of one, if I had to choose one, which to pick!

That's when I remembered the song "Drinking from my Saucer". That song gives perfect explanation of what I love. I love that God has blessed me so much, that I'm unable to narrow it down to one thing because of His abundance! Not of things... but true blessings that make my heart swell with happiness. He's filled my cup to the tip, and the stream continues right in, flowing over, splishing and slashing onto the saucer.

So here I am, drinking from my saucer, because my cup has overflowed. We all are. If we step back from our day to day circumstances and look at our lives through God's viewpoint, not through the carnal, fleshly desires of what the world declares makes one rich, but looking deeper! What we have, in a materialistic sense, is worthless. Whether we're on the narrow path to heaven or living a life doomed for hell, the stuff doesn't go with us when Jesus comes to claim His bride. Because of that, the things don't matter.

Instead, as I am trusted to live a life for God, my heart is cherishing a spouse that is up when I'm down, one I can encourage in return through the trials he may face. The responsibly of loving and guiding my children, teaching them the lessons the Lord gives to me to ensure they are brought up His way. The joy of having family and friends that surround me to laugh with, cry with, support and encourage. The beauty in God's creation I'm able to witness everyday here in the mountains with endless scenery to admire. Forgiveness for my wrong doings. Songs that fill my soul with rejoicing despite any circumstance. Those are blessings money CAN'T buy. That is the abundance that should swell our hearts with love.

I am thankful for our vehicles, home, paid bills, and other odds and ends God has provided us with, but those are not the things I love. Those are not the things we are meant to love. We're to love God, love one another, and share that love in all we do, think, say and touch.

Thank you Lord for filling my cup beyond compare!