Saturday, July 23, 2011

Once Upon A Time

Our story. It's our own. It makes us unique. It sets us apart from every other person on earth. It defines us. It's what God uses to bring Him glory based on what we've been through and what we have learned in the process. It's our testimony.

Since birth, moments happened that defined who we became and changes in how we walked, looked, talked, did things, even how we looked. Those moments brought us to our second birth... our spiritual birth. If we were to look at pictures of ourselves before that new birth, verses pictures of ourselves now, would there be a change in what we saw before us?

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
(II Corinthians 5:17)

There should be a difference. We should be walking, talking, doing, and looking in such a way that the world around us sees a change! I don't want someone to see me and say... yep, that's the same Jennifer I remember! I want them having to concentrate for a moment, wondering who I am because of what I have become because of the change I chose for Jesus to make inside of me.

Will they see fruit on our branches that is available for us to share?