Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Close Over Time

60 Day Photo Story ~ 2/60

DAY TWO: a picture of myself and the person I've been close with for the longest

For those of my readers that know me personally, I'm sure there is no surprise I've picked a picture of me and Mike for day two of my photo story, the person I've been close with for the longest.

There are quite a few people I've known for a long time that I've kept in contact with over the years, but Mike is definitely THE one I'm closest to, in a number of ways, and it's been that way since the first week we met. We clicked at the moment of introduction, and we've been inseparable ever since.

This photo was taken about a decade ago. I'm sure there are a number of older pictures of us around, but this was as far back out of the digital pictures I have on hand. I took Mike on a spontaneous trip from Ohio (where we were living at the time) to St. Pete Beach, Florida for a three day getaway for his birthday. Now, I will admit as I take a long look at this picture, we have definitely aged honey... but you know, the smiles are still there, with so much more understanding, compassion, and even greater love tucked deep down behind them. It's amazing what a difference ten years can make, not just in appearances, but even looking back over the events that unfolded... it's a journey without regrets that I would take all over again.